Welcome to Communities of Interest (COI), a new initiative led by the Office of the Vice President for Research, Innovation, and Economic Development (OVPRIED) and a number of faculty members and researchers. Within this initiative, there are several groups of cross disciplinary researchers and scholars with various common interests. The Community of Interest initiative enable these researchers with common interests to increase collaborations that will establish new research activities and incite funded research.
Our goal is to connect you with other like-minded people to advance common causes/interests in various aspects of research by sharing wisdom, knowledge, information, or data, and collaboratively and interactively pursuing informed courses of action.
Why is this the right time to be a part of a Communities of Interest at UL Lafayette? We’re garnering more and more national attention and accolades, and you want to be a part of it. As we’re committed to research for a reason, our goal is to connect your passions, perspectives and expertise with other researchers/scholars, so that we can collectively impact the world around us. In a university where several generations are living next to each other, bi-directional knowledge sharing is indispensable.
Some advantages to joining include:
- Connects you with like-minded colleagues and peers
- Opportunity to share your experiences and learn from others
- Opportunity to collaborate and achieve common outcomes
- Accelerates your learning
- Validates and builds on existing knowledge and good practice
- Provides the opportunity to innovate and create new ideas
- Breaks down academic silos so that like-minded researchers and scholars can work together on mutual interests
Latest on Research Communities
Interested in one or more of the following communities, contact a team member to find out how you can get involved.